Now, more than ever, people are able to take care of weeds on their own. Extremely effective solutions for weed and grass control are available for the homeowner’s use, but it is essential that these products be applied correctly. McGough’s is stocked with a number of products to help rid your landscape of unwanted weeds and grasses. We also offer our assistance in teaching you how to properly use these herbicides in order to maximize their effectiveness – and prevent damage to your desirable plants.
Herbicides are specific in regard to the targeted plant, its stage of the growth cycle, and weather conditions. For successful control of weeds and grasses, these factors absolutely must be considered.
Natural Weed Killers
There are several options for killing weeds without using chemicals or hand-pulling. It is important to realize that these products may require more than one application to achieve good control of tough weeds. We stock:
- Vinegar, 20% RTU in quart and gallon
- Deadweed Brew from Bonide (caprylic & capric acid)
- Sea Salt 10X Weed & Grass Killer RTU (sea salt and vinegar)
- Fertilome Lawn Weed Killer RTU, quart & gallon (iron HEDTA)
- Corn gluten meal and granules (pre-emergent)
We stock many from products from well-known lines such as PBI Gordon, Fertilome, Bonide and Hi-Yield. Additional products available include:
- Hi-Yield Triclopyr Ester
- Trimec, qt & 2.5 gal
- Weed & Grass Stopper with Dimension, granular, 12 & 35 lb
- Hi-Yield Aquatic Killzall
- Fertilome Weed Out with Quinclorac
- Pasture Pro
- 2,4-D Amine & Ester
- Tordon RTU
- Weed Beater Complete Pre- and Post-Emergent, granular, 10 lb
For more information, check out our Weed Control Brochure.